By the chef
Porcini and hazelnut velouté sauce
- 500 g porcini mushrooms
- 3 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 60 cl poultry stock
- 40 cl double cream
- Salt, pepper
Whipped hazelnut cream
- 200 ml single cream
- Approximately 20 ml hazelnut oil
- Thinly slice the shallots, chop the garlic. Brush and rinse the mushrooms and finely chop them.
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish, then sweat the shallots and the garlic with a pinch of salt for around 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt and leave to sweat for 5 minutes. Pour over the poultry stock and leave to cook on a low heat for around 20 minutes. Then add the cream, bring to the boil and take off the heat.
- Mix everything together using a standard or hand blender, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the stalks from the girolles, fry them in hot, bubbling butter and season with salt and pepper, then put to one side for decoration.
- Beat the cream with a whisk, add salt and hazelnut oil. Put to one side.
- Present the velouté in a soup bowl or in a cup. Make a quenelle with the hazelnut whipped cream and place it in the middle of the velouté. Delicately add some girolle mushrooms, shoots and herbs and finish with a dash of hazelnut oil or a twist of ground pepper.
Bon appétit !