François Demassard, BIB Gourmand au guide michelin 2022
Grilled mackerel fillets, mango, hazelnuts and coffee oil
- Serves 4
- 4 boneless mackerel fillets
- 100g lemon juice
- 100g de mango vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 60g sugar
- 80g butter
- 2g gelatine
- 1 mango
- 1 handful hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons ofvirgin hazelnut oil
- Coffee grape seed oil
Etape 1 : Mackerel fillets
- Cover the 4 mackerel fillets with coarse salt for 8 minutes.
- Rinse and set aside in a cool place.
Etape 2 : Mango vinegar cream
- Soak the gelatine.
- Mix the lemon juice, mango vinegar, eggs and sugar.
- Cook in a saucepan, stirring until it boils.
- Add butter and gelatine.
- Set aside in a cool place with cling film on contact.
Etape 3 : Roasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking tray and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool.
Etape 4 : Mango slices
- Thinly slice the mango.
- Brush with coffee oil.
- Form into rolls and set aside in the fridge.
Etape 5 : Grilled mackerel
- Score the mackerel with a knife on the skin side.
- Mark them in a hot pan for 1 minute on each side.
- Place in a dish and set aside at room temperature.
Etape 6 : Presentation
- Place a mackerel fillet on a plate.
- Add a few drops of mango vinegar cream.
- Place 3 mango rolls and a few roasted hazelnuts.
- Finish by adding a dash of coffee oil.