By the chef
My tomato and mozzarella salad
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- 2 fully ripe tomatoes
- 1/8 sprig basil
- Salt, pepper
- 100 ml virgin pine nut oil
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 20 g rocket
- 4 parmesan shavings
- 10 g grated parmesan
- 10 g pine nuts
- 10 g Taggiasca olives
- Blanch the tomatoes so you can peel them.
- Cut the first in half and the second into quarters.
- Remove the seeds, then marinate them in an olive oil and balsamic vinegar vinaigrette.
- Mix the mozzarella with basil that you blanched earlier to form a nice green paste.
- Pour the contents into a pastry bag.
- Pipe the mixture onto the tomato and put the blanched quarters back together to make a whole tomato.
- Blanch the rocket, cool and mix with the grated parmesan, pine nuts and virgin pine nut oil to create a smooth, consistent and flavoursome mixture.
- Garnish the bottom of the plate with the mixed rocket, position the tomato on top and finish with olives and the parmesan shavings.
Bon appétit !